Tuesday 1 May 2012

Prayers for our Scholarship Students

I want to pray for Jones. In our first year of summer school, Jones was a model student - helpful, and clearly very bright. It's been lovely getting to know him, and to now be able to sponsor him to attend SS in Accra where he is studying electronics. Last week at the board meeting we were talking about how we want the students we sponsor to give back and get involved, and also our concerns for the electrical phase of the project. The next day Jones wrote to me, to tell me of his progress at school and how he can now install sockets, and asked if he would be able to help out with the electrical installation, which is the next phase. I am so grateful that we have been blessed with the funds to allow us to sponsor Jones, and that the day after we spoke about it, unbeknown to him, Jones volunteered. I pray that our scholarship scheme will be able to expand, that we would be able to give opportunities to those in Santrokofi that wouldn't otherwise be able to, and that those students would in return be a blessing to younger generations. 

I also want to pray for Gods continued blessing and protection on our other scholarship students - Peace, Lucy and Evelyn. I pray they would be protected from any illnesses, anything that would hinder their studies. It's lovely to see Peace getting involved with the children living with Agnes, and we look forward to meeting Lucy this summer. It's also great to see Evelyn working so hard to provide a future for her and her daughter Lizzy, one of the children I met living with Agnes on my first trip. I want to ask for guidance as we develop a more formal scholarship scheme, that we'd get the funds to those who need it, and be blessed with enough money to meet all of the need.




No comments:

Post a Comment