Tuesday 1 May 2012

He has done great things

I was 14 when I first got a sense of longing to go to Africa, I wanted to go and change the world,  I wanted pick the children up I had seen on charity videos and tell them everything would be ok. I wanted to show them that they are not alone.

I was 19 when I first went to Africa and I will never forget how much that experience changed my life. What really struck me was how faithfully Ghanaians pray, how grateful they are for everything they have, even though to the Western eye they have very little. These people really are living everyday for God and they make sure they thank him for everything that they do have, that humbled me. So firstly I am truly thankful to have been given the opportunity to go to Ghana, to comfort these children and to be changed by the experience.

I feel privileged to be a part of such an amazing, everyone at Raising Hope Foundation truly has a heart for the children out in Africa and we all get on so well. I pray that God will continue to work through all of us.

God has already done great things for us and now we are asking more will be done through us for his glory.

My Prayer:

Lord, Thank you for everything you have done for Raising Hope Foundation so far, thank you for giving us strength when the road ahead was bumpy, thank you  for enabling our vision to become a reality. Thank you for the work that Agnes does and for her continued love for the children. Lord, thank you for putting this so deeply on my heart.

Relationships are not always easy, Lord I want to thank you for the relationship between us, Agnes, her board, the Canadians, the chiefs in Santro and the builders. I pray that you will strengthen our relationships and use them for your glory.

I pray that through RHF and LFF that your work in Santrokofi will be done, Lord I pray that you will provide the necessary funds to enable us to finish the Orphanage within a year and that the children in Santrokofi who have nothing will finally have somewhere to call 'Home', stability in their loves, people around them who love and care for them and accessibility to education.

Open up before God, keep nothing back, he'll do whatever needs to be done. 
Psalm 37:5 The Message

I believe that if we ask, God will provide, but that we have to exercise patience because everything will happen within God's perfect timing.

Be still in the presence of the Lord and wait patiently for him to act. 
Psalm 37:7 NLT

No comments:

Post a Comment