Tuesday 1 May 2012

Come to pray to me and I will listen to you


I’ve not been to Ghana and perhaps  never will but I am grateful to all those who have been there. It is though them that we have a witness to the Lord’s amazing love and provision both for the workers and the children  at Santrakofi and to all those who have travelled there to serve Him. .
 The pictures of the children arm in arm with some of those I have known as children and now young adults is a confirmation that we are all part of his wonderful creation, we are all part of His family and that He loves each one of us equally. That’s why he sent Jesus to earth. He came to teach us, to guide us and to lead us back to the Father by dying on the cross at Calvary so that we could be free from our sins.  

For God so loved the world that gave his one and only Son that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life (John 3:16)

Make no mistake, many have turned away from God and demonstrably this is the major cause of the inhumanity and the inequality we see across the world today. That's not what God wants but  through Jesus he has given everyone a way back to him and a way to live a new life with Him.  

So today I am praying for  two things ;
1 That he will continue to provide the  funds needed to complete this stage of the work - we know he can provide as he has done before and I am sure he will honour the fundraising efforts of everyone whether they run, walk, ride, jump out of an aeroplane or  bake a cake . (Personally I am more of a cake man ...)

2 That through association with the work of RHF many will come to know and love the Lord Jesus as their personal saviour both in Ghana, in the UK and across the world.
If you are a supporter reading this and you don’t yet truly know the Lord Jesus for yourself why not make that your first priority. It was great to read the earlier post of someone praying for the first time, bless you and  please don’t leave it there - keep on praying .   

For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call on me and come to pray to me, and I will listen to you. {Jer 29:11 -12}

No comments:

Post a Comment