Wednesday 22 May 2013

" God I look to you, I won't be overwhelmed, Give me vision, To see things like you do. God I look to you, You're where my help comes from, Give me Wisdom. You know just what to do. "

As we start another 24 hours of prayer, that is my prayer. It's actually the opening verse of a song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CR5IoWH9OiI

I spoke about the charity to a group of people last week, they'd never come across us before so I started at the very beginning.. I loved reflecting on the journey we've been on . In the last 5 years there have been many times when I've felt overwhelmed, I always need help, always need wisdom, and I need him to keep my vision in line with his. As I look back I see that God has been with me every step of the way, his hand has been in everything. He's provided, he's guided, he's blessed us. I've learnt a lot.

I feel extremely blessed that God has given me this project, this opportunity to serve him through loving his children in Ghana  - the strength to do it all comes from him, with God at the head of this project I don't have to worry, when things go wrong, when evil tries to corrupt things... I know that ultimately my God has already won, as the children in Ghana sing so passionately 'Jesus is the winner man' ... and it's true, things have not always been easy over the past 5 years, we face difficulties at nearly every step of the way, but, God is on our side, he's shown his blessing and his provision, he gave us the vision to begin with, and I have every confidence that he will 'never leave us or forsake us'.

So tonight I pray and thank God for all that he has done, for all that he has promised, for all that he has planned. Thank you for trusting us with your vision, thank you for not giving up on us when we mess up, but instead loving and guiding us like a Father. Thank you that we can step out with confidence because of your promises. Thank you that you are a God of Love.

I pray that you would be with the children of Ghana tonight lord, in fact, I pray that you would be with every child, the world over. Be with those that right now are sleeping rough on the city streets, or out in the fields. Cover them with your love, your protection, I pray that they would feel your presence and be comforted by it. I pray that you would provide for them tonight, so that not one of them goes hungry or thirsty. I pray for those that have been sold and trafficked, Lord grant the resources to those people working to free those children and end those practices, bless the work they are doing. I pray for the children in Santrokofi and Sogakope, particularly those who have lost their parents. Bless the work we are doing with them. I pray that you would use us , the Living Faith Foundation and others in the villages to provide these children with love, shelter, food, health care, education and a hope for the future.

Amen








No comments:

Post a Comment